Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Friendship Is A Connection


Friendship Is A Connection

 

F riendship is a connection that

R epairs broken circuits of trust.

I n the toils, trials, tribulations too

E ach event is faced and overcome

N earby, or even alongside, another who cares and

D oes not mind getting into the middle of it all.

S haring a laugh in the midst of a turbulence

H elping another step over the mine fields

I n the middle of the night, and listening faithfully.

P reparing a meal in silence as a family grieves a loss.

     

    Friendship

 


I s intentional and must needs come with a risk.

S tretching beyond one's comfort zone in communication.

 

    Friendship Is

 


A lways worth the inherent risk for the reward is a bond that cannot be broken.

 

    Friendship Is A

 


C onstant even when it's not always convenient.  Being

O ne someone can call upon just to go putt a few greens with.

N ot sparing any feelings, correcting and encouraging as

N eeded, even when it hurts but in the

E nd results in the best for your friend.

C ome with me if you will and see

T wenty-three years ago a seed was planted

I n which the Lord spoke a word and set the wheels in motion.

O nly thing is, I was scared and unsure, but at last I took the risk

N eeded and boy has the reward been worth it for in 1987 my friend said "I do".

 

Friendship Is A Connection and transcends the hills, valleys, and rivulets that come along the way.  Friendship is a connection that all so often leads to the love of a lifetime, or a friendship that will forever stand the test of time.  Friendship.  What does it mean to you?

 

Friendship Is A Connection

by Steve Cope

04-07-2009

BloggerMania

Category: Friends

 



No comments:

Post a Comment